Friday, September 2, 2011

~Waiting for Wings~


I've been trying for years to successfully grow milkweed to hopefully attract a Monarch or two. But I've had no luck.
 I watch their migration from Mexico every spring. So this year I took a different approach & have the plant in a pot to keep a better eye on it. I've carefully watered & moved the plant around so it gets just the right amount of sun. This was the year that seems I've finally succeeded! So I was more than excited today that the time it took me to go pick Austin up from school & home-the seed pods just burst open! What a sight to see-the feather light seeds-gently blowing in the breeze-
1st I grabbed my camera-than a baggie to collect the seeds before they all blew away!






I have really fallen in love with learning how to tend a garden & watch everything just come alive.



















Velvet Deliciousness!
Hope you all have a very safe Holiday weekend~
Happy Snapping
xo
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. Kelly, I always knew you were the sensitive type, but this beats it all. You have such a unique and blessed way of perceiving the world around you. I know that whatever life throws you, you will find the beauty in it. Life is constantly recreating itself. I feel privileged to see a glimmer of it through your eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful shots of such delicate blooms. I clicked on them to see up close....wow, you really captured such details. Well worth the wait. Hope you have a wonderful weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of gardening but I did recently plant a milkweed in hopes of attracting some monarchs. I think I see some eggs on the leaves so I'm excited. Your photos are fascinating. So close and sharp!

    Thanks for voting for my cherries!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderful shots Kelly! I need to plant me some milkweed next year and join in the fun!
    Mwah! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.