Tuesday, September 6, 2011

~It's Tuesday...

...that means texturize your photo!!
Woo Hoo any time I can use a texture is a good time! Today we're using Kim Klassen's "Crackerjack". And I love it when a photo & texture were meant to be together! I've been looking for medicine bottles for no other reason than I love history & antique-y things. I wound up at a garage sale a few weeks ago and...tada! There they were!
 I adore these & the fact that the one bottle has PERTUSSIN actually embossed on the bottle is amazing. It's circa 1930 & sells for around $14.00
I paid a buck! Too cool.
I've added the recipe for the pp in the comments box.









kimklassencafe

Meanwhile, If you live in So. Cal, this is our life-that 405-THIS is the Sepulveda Pass. It separates the valley from the city. Two separate fires occurred on the southbound lanes yesterday tied up traffic...at 4:30-on a holiday weekend. What a mess! Austin took this-(cause I was driving!)
Austin's has never held my 50d yet and commented how heavy it was-It IS a hunk...the camera not Austin...Oh but he's a hunk too...
I'll shut up now!
Happy Snapping!
xo
Kelly

9 comments:

  1. PP for photo...
    Florabella B/W Chestnut-passthru @ 86%
    Crackerjack texture-Linear burn@60%
    Florabella Milk tweaked the layers palette
    vinette@ 23%
    In Picnic added Orton-ish @ 90% fade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful texture. One day I will try to learn how to use it, but for now I still need to work on focus.
    405 is always messy. I used to work in Encino, oh boy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow... you did an amazing job on these bottles. They look so good. I too adore Florabella actions. I'm always playing around with them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful job.... truly... xxo, Kim

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice work on these bottles! Great find too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love also that kind of old bottles but I don't have any:) This is beautiful set up, light and fresh, love your use of textures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the texture ... went and grabbed it.
    I love old bottles! What a wonderful find!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your bottles are a wonderful find! And you've captured the beauty of their simple essence so well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your bottles. thanks for sharing the recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.