Sunday, February 5, 2017

I love a good...

...secret
2.5.17

If you tell me something in confidence and need me to keep it a secret, I am you woman!
But...when it comes to secrets about myself all bets are off! I'm honestly worse than a child. I've been sitting on this one since December 2nd, so needless to say I'm bursting at the seams.


Artful Blogging is a dream publication that I eagerly read from cover to cover. Then, I re-read it 2 or 3 more times in case I've missed something. I swoon over the photos and find the blogger's stories uplifting and inspirational. When January rolled around, I had it in my mind that this was the year I was going to submit photos and shoot for a feature in AB. I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. So...imagine how completely caught off guard I was when I opened my e-mail to find an invitation to pursue this dream of mine?  I got tingly all over and actually felt lightheaded. I sat myself down and just shook my head in moving disbelief as I re-read the letter. 
 I must have said I can't believe it 50, 75, 100 times!


 I submitted my photos and waited...There are not enough words in the English language to explain how I felt when I received the congratualtory e-mail stating that I had actually been selected for the summer edition.

*OMG*

My feet haven't touched the ground since! I waved this spring edition to my husband and said, "Do you realize the next issue I'll be in it and on it?" I'm so humbled by my life. I often ask myself what have I done to deserve such goodness? What ever it is, I am eternally grateful for it and for this incredible experience. 
Sarah, over at Paisley Rain Boots
 I can't thank you enough-you lit a creative fire under me with your thoughts and guidance. 
Writing has new meaning and I want to do more of it! 


Wise Peking Noodle Co!

What's your latest secret?
I'd love to hear &
shhhh...I won't tell a soul!

Happy (secret telling) snapping!
xo
Kelly

29 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Soooooo very exciting!!!! I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your support Daenel-I really appreciate you being here celebrating with me! Xo

      Delete
  2. Congratulations, Kelly!! Can't wait until the summer issue arrives.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so exciting Juliana-thank you for your support!

      Delete
  3. Oh Kelly! I am not surprised my friend!! many many congratulations!! I can't wait until it becomes available (I'm so very excited for you!!) xoxoxo big smiles and high fives all around :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb-I feel like I'm part of a sister-hood of sorts. Thank you for your friendship and support. Xo

      Delete
  4. YAY!!!!!!!!! So proud of you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Major congratulations. No surprise though with your massive talent. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicki for your love and support!! Xo

      Delete
  6. Hi Beth! I felt I had to wait until after the deadline passed and all my submissions were in. Thank you for your support! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you. What a great accomplishment. I can't wait to read it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Michelle for your support...it means a lot to me.
      xo

      Delete
  8. Oh Kelly, I am so happy for you! Your work is AB FAB! In fact the butterfly postcard that I purchased from you years ago to send to my daughter is framed and hanging in her home! Congratulations to you. Can't wait till it comes out! Keep up the good work! Aloha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vicki!! Thank you so much for your support and for being here with me through this. I'm just so grateful that you and your daughter are so happy with that monarch postcard. xo

      Delete
  9. Kelly dear. So well deserved, you strived and you succeeded. You know I was thrilled to play a small part in this adventure, and I can't wait to get it at my local bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sarah!! BIG XOXO I'm floored by the support I've received and so grateful. THIS is why blogging has become so important to me ...the connections I'm making. xo

      Delete
  10. Congratulations my lovely friend. I am both proud and jealous of you :-D ..... You rock <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is fantastic - and I have no doubt, well deserved! What a fun story! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen!! I'm so glad you popped in! xo

      Delete
  12. Big huge congratulations to you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jill. I'm so glad you dropped in today! xo

      Delete
  13. Congratulations, Kelly!
    This is so truly well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, I love your photos. And I'm tickled pink about your placement in Artful Blogging. One of my favorite magazines will feature one of my favorite blogger-friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, Kelly, such exciting news ... so happy for you, congrats !
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.