Tuesday, January 21, 2014

He's here...

...and has stolen my heart!

Erik Phillip made his way into the world at 10:01 p.m. Sat. night, weighing in at 8lbs 7oz. and 21" long. Jamie called me earlier in the day thinking she was leaking. She went to L&D and they confirmed she had ruptured and admitted her. When I got on the 5:30 flight to Oakland, Jamie was given Petocin & was 5cm dilated. After a 40 minute flight, Brian's mom & dad were waiting for me at the airport as Jamie was already 9 cm's. Thankfully it was only a 10 minute ride to the hospital. We got visit with her for about 20 minutes before she hit 10 cms. and was ready to push. 2 hours later the most adorable angel entered our lives. She did amazing and Brian was so sweet to say she made it look it easy.


It is positively euphoric watching your daughter become a mother. And remember when you held your baby for the first time? This feeling is just like that only 10x more wonderful...and without the pain, exhaustion and the endless sleepless nights! 


I felt as though my heart would burst when I held Erik for the first time.

He's positively delicious! 

I'm completely smitten!


Now...as you can see I had a very good reason why I couldn't post the winners of my birthday bash give-aways. I added an extra goodie to hopefully make it up to you!

The winner of French Market print is
Deb Taylor

The winner of the set of post cards is:
Carol Hart

The winner of the gift tags is:
Kim Stevens

& last but not least
 the extra little goodie is a 4x4 ferris wheel print and it goes to
Sarah Huizenga

Congratulations ladies. As soon as I get your snail mail addy's, I'll get your goodies off to you! 
Thank you all for playing!

Okie dokie friends,
I need to get myself to bed. I've got  another weekend trip coming up! I'm taking Frankie to Vegas for his birthday and crab legs!
Happy(traveling fool) snapping!
xo
Kelly

12 comments:

  1. He is so precious. Congratulations Grandma :) I love the ferris wheel print. Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your family grandma! He is adorable. Thank you so much for the postcards. Can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Many heart-felt congratulations to everyone. Erik is a beautiful baby and you should enjoy Cloud 9.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy for all of you!! What a fun thing to be a grandma :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, what a precious little guy! You got some amazing shots of him and I love the one of him with mama! I'm so glad you were able to catch a flight and be there for the birth. Please give them my congratulations and well wishes. Enjoy this time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang! HE.IS.AMAZING!!!!! I shrieked with delight when I saw this post......been waiting for it!!!!
    Can't get enough of Erik Phillip shots!!!!!
    I am so dang happy for you .... I can only imagine what being a grandmother must be like .... I will have to live that through you!!!!
    Congrats to all of the lucky winners!
    Mwah! **hugs** ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very big congratulations to everyone!
    He is just beautiful, Kelly.
    Welcome to the world Little Erik.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my! Would you look at those little feet! Congratulations :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh heavens....yes I remember...Pete got a picture of me with a tear running down my face when I had my daughter. I can't believe you made it with a few hours to spare even!! Those baby feet, so so cute!! Ahhhhh!!! And thank you so much for the tags xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. So beautiful - I know you're over the moon Kelly - Congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kelly, I got goosebumps reading this! Remembering the birth of my 3 little, (all grown up) ones! Congratulations to all of you! Thank you for sharing! What a lucky young man to have you as a Grandma to spoil him...ENJOY EVERY BIT OF IT!!! Aloha

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.