Wednesday, October 16, 2013

We must embrace pain...

...and burn it as fuel for our journey~
~Kenji Miyazawa~

Sometimes when you have so much to say and nothing comes out right or the way you see it in your head, a good quote fills in nicely until the thoughts get more organized and are ready to be written. 


I made this today, after hearing what we all suspected from my mom's biopsy. It doesn't make it easier, it makes it that much more real. Silly as it sounds, tearing paper was productive-mindless but with purpose...
That probably only makes sense to me. 
 The fact is, beautiful and terrible things happen in our lives and some days, we just have to be our own heros.
  
I have woven a parachute out of everything broken.  ~William Stafford

xo
Kelly

9 comments:

  1. I am sure the paper tearing was very good therapy. So sorry for your news.

    ReplyDelete
  2. **hugs** and much love .... I am here for you 24/7.
    Tearing paper sounds absolutely therapeutic to me.
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally get, productive-mindless but with purpose...I did a lot of that this spring. Big huge cyber hug my sweet friend...I wish I had a magic wand and we could just all pass it around. Sorry just doesn't seem enough, but I am...so sorry! xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. sending you love.
    and i get the tearing paper thing. so glad you found that bit of therapy.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree about the quotes. Sometimes they can say so well what we can't manage to get out. So sorry about what's happening right now. Sending you big hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear of your news. Who we are is made up of both joy and sorrow. You and animist be on the same wavelength. My post today speaks to. This as well. My prayers are with you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too am so sorry to hear this sad news; I will be praying for her.....Healing comes in many forms and you expressed your heart today with torn paper....I call it therapy from one's own heart....You might want to start a a journal of pages such as this as you progress through this time with your mom....It can become very valuable to you later...(Just a thought)
    Hugs.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know there's nothing that I can say to make you feel any better. I am thinking about you and your mom, though, and praying for peace and whatever else you may need right now and in the coming months. XO

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.