Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday's letters...

...and total ramdom-ness

Dear week,
You were fun, enlightening, endearing & have brought more uneasiness.
Thank you for my first experience with other women photographers at the clickinwalk. 
It was quite a learning experience...a good one at that.

Dear Dad,
Oh the stories you can tell. At one point of our conversation yesterday, I wanted to cry, but as I was listening to your adventure and "playing" along, I heard how happy you were in your world. Even though Alzheimers is taking you away, you aren't in any pain and felt important-for that I'm grateful.

Dear Mom,
Ohhhhh-You certainly have been through the ringer haven't you? If the Dr. finds cancer, know you will not be alone & there are so many people in the universe...people you don't even know, sending you love and light. 

Dear Jamie,
I'm so glad you are finally feeling Erik move and kick...but to Miley Cyrus? Really? 
I hope it's in protest.

Dear Stray Cat,
There's no reason to hiss at me. I feed you, talk with you and try to show you affection. It's really sad to me that someone or something made you so scared.

I didn't get to share over at Nancy's last week so I'm excited to this week:
My Random 5 Friday

1. I am a SURVIVOR fanatic! I live vicariously through the tribe members. I often wonder what kind of castaway I'd make. I'd have the social game down, I wouldn't do so well in physical challenges...under pressure for sure, I could cook and be great around camp, and it would be a once in a life time experience.
2. I love, love love subtitled movies. My two favorites are "Castaway on the Moon" (Korean) and Amelie (French) Chinese movies are way up there too.
3. I've got jury duty coming up in a few weeks. I haven't been called since Austin was about 7. That's a whole other story.
4. Toilet paper goes OVER the roll people! OVER!!
If I get invited to your house and it's under...I may or may not "fix" it! (lol)
5. I hate liver

Ok my friends, Hope you had a great week-we are headed into a Santa Ana event and will be in high fire danger all weekend. I hate fire season-it's hot and miserable and sucks the life out of everything.

Happy (wishing for rain) snapping!
xo
Kelly

20 comments:

  1. I was wondering about your Mother, my prayers are there for her as well as your Dad (hate those diseases) Glad you had a good time on your clickin' walk....great shot of the beach...and no worries, if you come for a visit, the toilet paper is always over in this house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh your post made me cry I understand more than I can tell you of what you are going through with your parents. My heart and my hugs go to you and your parents.
    Toilet paper over yes that is correct. Keep the laughter it will get you through. HUGS B

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely shore photo. It's not easy to watch our parents suffer. My heart goes out to you.
    And yes, toilet paper goes over for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so sorry that your parents are going through such tough times. I know it's not easy to see your parents ill. Hoping for the best!

    The shore photo is gorgeous! And love the little stray kitty. We took in a stray 7 years ago, and he's now a member of the family. We think someone ill-treated him before he came to us. Good of you to be kind to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh, your parents are really going through a tough time right now it seems. Will keep them (and you) in my prayers.

    That stray cat is such a cutie! I'm glad you are feeding him/her and trying to show affection. I've found if you feed them consistently and go slowly with getting close, eventually they will warm up to you. My outside cats were all like this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you enjoyed your first "clickinwalk". The ocean photo is lovely.
    Gosh, you and your parents have been through heck and back. Sending you all positive vibes and hugs.
    I used to watch Survivor religiously in the beginning ... not so much anymore. I also used to dream of being in the show :-D LOL
    And YES ... the toilet paper goes OVER!!!!! How many times do I have to tell Tom that.... ;-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry I am an under the roll person,not really sure why. I HATE liver too! My mom always made liver and onions when I was growing up and she wasn't good cook to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Over the roll and I love liver. So there. :) Thanks for sharing your always interesting randoms Kelly -- much appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow, that is a close up of kitty cat. i feel i am being watched. totally agree with you on the TP issue. always!! ( :

    ReplyDelete
  10. Also over the roll and hating liver! :)
    Wonderful photos and your words ... so impressive. My thoughts are with you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry to hear about your mom, I hope good things happen there. And Alzheimer's ... so cruel. On points #4 & 5, I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am glad to hear you enjoyed some time with your dad - with Alzheimer's (and in general) that is always a good thing. I hope and pray your mother comes across some good news, she has had a rough ride.
    And Survivor - Gurl, we are so connected. We have never missed one season - ever. It used to be a family thing (along with Amazing Race, and at one time Trading Spaces) but is now down to just me and the husband.
    And toilet paper - always OVER - always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I like the kitty shot. We had a cat that we would feed and it took about two years but she finally let us pet her and get close to her...and soon after she discovered that it was good to be able to get out of the cold.

    i am another toilet paper over person!

    ReplyDelete
  14. My husband and I watch Survivor, too. We love it. You and I need to get on it at the same time. We won't tell anyone that we know each other and will work surreptitiously to put each other in the top two spots. You'll need to help me out a bit with the social game. I like things done my way sometimes. As for toilet paper, I'm good with either, so please feel free to flip it over if you visit on one of my 'from the bottom' weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just love Amelie but have never seen Castaway on the Moon. I'll have to see if I can find that one! Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I certainly agree with your #4 and that goes for paper towels, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Of course tp goes over.... and who doesn't hate liver? I hope the cat gets nicer though....really

    ReplyDelete
  18. So sorry to hear about your parents. I'm sure they are grateful to have you to lean on. The kitty may warm up . . . soon? He sure is handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Enjoyed your post very much. - It's great to know that you love your parents so much. Sad about their health. So far I've been lucky with my mom. My dad passed away almost 16 years ago though. - I actually LOVE liver but only with grilled onions. I'm more into Amazing Race then Survivor although I doubt I'd do well at either one. - Hope the kitty warms up to you soon. Thanks for stopping by my blog and I don't hold it against you at all that you didn't want to look at my spider.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your letters certainly highlight a lot of challenges going on in your life. I enjoyed your Random 5 for Nancy. I used to be an over-the-top toilet paper person until I had a cat that would unroll the whole thing. I've since changed my beliefs. :-)

    By the way, you are the lucky winner of my giveaway. I hope you enjoy my novel.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.