Saturday, September 28, 2013

Road...

...trip

I drove to  Leonis Adobe out in Calabasas today for several reasons. 
For one, I have my first photo Clickin walk
 out in Laguna. 
 I'm going to be with other woman photographers & I want to look like I know what I'm doing! Another reason is I'm committed to really understanding shooting technical & with purpose. Frankie can a test that I am so NOT technical. My mind just doesn't work that way. The words may as well be in Chinese if I have to read a manual!
 But, once I put my mind to something, well, there's no telling what great things I can do! 
Noon time shooting is the scariest, most apprehensive,  most challenging time of day for me. We don't have a lot of cloudy days so lighting is harsh-to say the least. Now that puts limits to when I can shoot-who wants to be limited?
 Not me...
 I found a sun dial in the garden...pretty close to noon!

I took A LOT of photos and am excited to share them...but slowly!
I'm posting a few of my favorites today.



What can I say? I'm a bokeh floozy!

This is a Percheron, native to France. Known for their poise and grace, were the horses knights in armor used for their mounts.
{happy sigh}

It was really nice museum. It seemed the perfect day to visit, even though it was 93*. I accomplished what I set out to do- NOT USE ANY DUMMY MODES.
 Is there room for improvement? ALWAYS. Will I have fun trying? ABSOLUTELY
Think I'm ready for Laguna!
Happy (find your bliss) snapping!
xo
Kelly 

12 comments:

  1. yes, noon is definitely challenging with its harsh shadows and bright light, but your photos are brilliant...nice job!! I had my clickin' mom walk today...check my blog for pics. Have fun on yours!! PS...I think I'm a bokeh floozy too....giggle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great. Practice is what we do every day. I am not big on the technical stuff either, that has a slow learning curve for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You done good Sis!!!
    Have fun today ... tell me all about it.
    Maybe next year there will be a "ClickinMom" walk in my area.
    **hugs** xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun! I love the sheep photo most of all. Your photos are gorgeous dummy-mode or not. But I'm like you. I'm wanting to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or is it a goat? (Don't laugh. I really do know them apart.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. fantastic shots! well done:0

    have a great rest of your weekend.

    p.s. this is the first time i've been to this site and am glad i have!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done! I still try to understand the manual of my camera! Am hopeless with all the technical stuff as well.Start a class next week and I hope it will help me to make better pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lover of the Percherons. Magnificent horses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photos! So glad you have fun :) I adore that horse and the sheep...perfecto!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that sheep! Great photos my dear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these turned out great! Awesome job! And you crack me up - but I have to admit, I'm a bokeh floozy too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are all incredible bokeh-liciousness!! Love the one of the leaves overhung with the buggy (?). So Glad you had a great time! xo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.