Friday, May 17, 2013

Friday's...

...letters

Dear week,
Wow, you really had me going. Flying the midnight rocket on Monday to Atl, then on to Pittsburgh. Oh and let's not forget the 2 1/2 drive through the country to Dubois (on 3 hour's sleep~that's airplane sleep)
Thursday was a rough, tiring, exhaustive 16 hour travel day. I crawled into bed at 11:30 only to wake up at 5 to get ready for work. But I got up with a smile on my face...so
nanny nanny boo boo on you  

Dear Nana,
I'm so glad I came to see you at rest. I wasn't sure how I was going to get through your funeral. But I did and I'm a better person for it. I feel peace for the first time in a long time. I know you are exactly where you want to be. Oh and the very loud thunder boomer when the Pastor was reading your birth/death date...that was-without a doubt, you trying to take over G-d's job! This we know and had a little chuckle over it. 

Dear friends of Nana's church,
Thank you for embracing me with your warm hugs and stories of  "Alice." You enlightened me & I learned a few new things about this woman you celebrated.  I'm really grateful for the women of the church who pulled together a beautiful lunch and I enjoyed listening to what each of you had to say.
I wasn't sure what to expect coming but I can tell you I came away a better person, I have some much needed closure and I feel peace...something I haven't felt in quite some time.

Dear i-phone, 
Thank you for taking such awesome pics so I didn't have to edit photos from my big girl camera!



Dear Barn,
I have a renewed appreciation for you. You bring back such happy childhood memories. I knew that when my family drove up that hill to Nana & Granddad D's house-there you were & the best childhood memories were just a stone's throw away.  
I'm almost 50 so how old does that make you? 
I have a love affair with barns...I hope some day I can return to PA, under happier circumstance, and shoot barns to my heart's content.

Dear Blog friends...
I've got a

Hee Hee...

Happy (teaser) snapping!
xo
Kelly

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. i am sorry for your loss, dear. your images and letters feel very calm and "at peace"....
    erin
    xxoo
    p.s. whats the "secret"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have an open invite to stay at my home here in PA...I know one barns :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been through so much ... here's to hoping that things get only brighter for you ... what's your secret???? xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I didn't know the barn was a part of your family... that is one cool barn if you ask me. I'm glad you found peace at your grandmother's funeral. Isn't it nice to know that she was loved by so many people? And a secret.... Hmmmm. I wonder what you're keeping from us?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Im so sorry to hear about your Nana but that loud thunder was definately her leaving her mark on you all x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.