Sunday, March 10, 2013

Only I...

...could turn making sugar cookies into a 3 day event!

I decided to make make sugar cookies...

...& thought butterflies and fish...complete with eyes would be fun. (I'm quirky that way)
That was 3 days ago!

I don't EVER remember making these things all in one day. Some IGer's got me!

The dough one day, baking the next... 

...& finally decorating...on day 3!


Those of you that follow Bakerella...
...I'm NOT her! (snicker)
But I DO make good sugar cookies...

...even if they are kinda creepy!
After all...these are for Austin's lunch...and he could care less. As long as they aren't "girly"!


They make pretty snowflake cookies in the winter.


I'm pretty sure this is the last sugar cookie recipe you'll ever use. I do let the dough come to room temp. before rolling out. If you try this at home...let me know! I'd love to hear from you. Send me a link to your blog or IG.
Enjoy and have fun!
Happy (sugar cookie) snapping!
xo
Kelly

*SUGAR COOKIES*
CREAM TOGETHER:
1 C Unsalted Butter
2/3 C. Sugar
BEAT IN:
1 Egg
COMBINE & ADD:
1 tsp Vanilla
2 1/2 C. Sifted Flour
Mix until ingredients are well-blended. Chill dough 3-4 hrs. before rolling. 
Pre-heat oven to 350*
Roll out on lightly floured surface & cut. Bake for about 8~10 min.
or until barely colored.

FROSTING
3/4 C Powdered Sugar
1TBSP Unsalted Butter
1 TBSP Milk, 1/2 tsp Vanilla, 1/4 tsp fresh Lemon Jce
a tad of Lemon Zest
Melt butter, stir all ingredients to combine until smooth.
(I stir ingredients in a mixing cup & place cup in a bowl of HOT water to keep frosting spreadable)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.