Monday, January 12, 2015

Je suis...

...Charlie


I am not a political person~and I promise you my blog will never be a platform on worldy affairs. In all honesty, I barely scan the newspaper headings somedays for fear that my urban bubble might pop. I am usually listening with one ear open while busing myself in other activities as Frankie watches CNN, so I am full aware of what's going on in the world. But sometimes, certain events stick in my craw, and I  just feel compelled to say what I'm thinking.

Except...
kk blackcanvas

I don't always agree with what people put in print, and there are plenty of times I'm bothered over articles or cartoons-but I get to decide whether something deserves my time or to even give something a second thought...that is after all, the beauty of freedom of speech and loss of life over that right saddens me. I am feeling especially blessed today, to freely write my thoughts in this entry. 
As a blogger, photographer & dabbler of the arts,
I've put my say out into the universe...for whatever it is worth. 


kkorganic


"The pen is mightier than the sword"



Sharing over at Kim's

Kim Klassen dot com

xo
Kelly

21 comments:

  1. I love all the mixed media creations you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. France is very close and we here feel very saddened about what has happened in Paris. Thank you for finding the right words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pictures and the thoughts...great way to start my day...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic I'm so with you . This is not far just over the channel and certainly London has had it's fair share of trouble. A wonderful set of images...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I too made a journal entry concerning Charlie in Paris. The Sony movie "Interview" was one I knew that I would not go see, but the freedom of speech is worth defending Society needs to remember what happened and why the Nazis burned books. But who knew that writing satire could lead to one's death? I am proud of the French who united to show that they too love the freedom of speech.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely images and such a beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very fitting commentary ... especially for someone who is not 'political'! And your photos are wonderful. I'm still processing this whole story, so many layers but I do know we have to protect our freedom of speech.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally agree with you, normally i would not comment on the terrible things that happen every day but this made me so angry that i posted "je suis Charlie " on flickr and FB. The injustice of it all
    Beautiful photo's, each and every one of them
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Freedom of speech is so important to society, it is so sad, and tragic, that some people believe words are worth killing for. On a brighter note... I love your art images.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so nice to see you here in Blogland. I LOVE you photos on IG my friend. It is my hopes to be a better blogger this year, we shall see. This post is wonderful. And I do love you Art Journal.. Happy Wednesday to you.

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful images. I try to escape the news as much as possible. I only "watch" the news at the gym and then my headphones are on listening to music and our printed paper only comes three times a week, which I can either choice to read or not. I love vacation because I can escape from it all.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well put and well illustrated. I wonder what is going through the minds of those who lost co-workers, loved ones and family. A blink and so many lives are shattered...in Paris, everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amen! Fabulous images and excellent words.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thank you so much for stopping by my blog and saying hello…you're so sweet! AND i'm thrilled that we know some of the same bloggers…i wonder why are paths haven't crossed until now :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. lovely thoughts, kelly:) love the mixed media! thanks so much for your kind comments on my artful blogging article! (i LOVE flora bella, too:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.