Sunday, December 29, 2013

Hello and...

...goodbye!

My goodness, my head is spinning as fast as the globe photo down below so I'm going to force myself to slow down, take a deep breath & explain!
First, did you have a nice Christmas & was Santa good to you?  I'd love you to share a memory or two.

I am happy to report that this trip to Pensacola was the start of some good memories to replace all the nightmare ones from this past year. Spent some wonderful quality time with my Dad-the best part was pizza and crossword puzzles. 
Someone had left a crossword book for him-I picked it up and let nature take it's course. One of two things was going to happen-either Dad would get frustrated or he'd enjoy it. He LOVED doing them. My work with 1st & 2nd graders came in real handy as I just broke the clues down for him. I was blown away at what he could and couldn't remember. But he felt smart and had such a sense of accomplishment after we finished one. He couldn't wait for my next visit as that's the first thing he asked to do. (happy sigh)

Spent a fabulous day with my brother & sister in law and even though we were going through my mom's things, it was really ok. Little by little my grieving process is moving along at a rate I can endure.

Met Frankie in Atlanta on my way back to L.A.  & decided to take a quick 24 hr. detour before coming home-

Uhhhh-hello Aruba!

a room with a view


So,
Now the most exciting news. 
Frankie is taking me on a surprise 50th birthday trip and apparently (as I just found out this morning) we're leaving tomorrow. All I know is I need a coat, the temps are 40*-50*, rain & possible snow. I'm giddy beyond words. 
You can follow our adventure here-   INSTAGRAM    if you're curious.


I decided that Danbo should come along with us...should be fun!
I need to get a move on as I have laundry to do, travel toiletries to replenish, a coat to buy, put gift cards to good use on a few new outfits and pack!

I wish you all a very Happy New Year and we'll reconnect in a few days!

Happy (traveling) snapping!
xo
Kelly



9 comments:

  1. This is so exciting. Safe travels and have loads of fun. (Personally - you had me at Aruba). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful and well deserved surprise trip! Can't wait to hear where you went.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been hibernating for a while now and have missed a great deal, so I went back and just read your Dec 12th post. My Lord, 2013 certainly gave you a major run. My heart goes out to you. I am really happy for you that your recent trip to Pensacola has given you the beginning of good memories. You have chosen a great word for 2014. I wish you all the best. Have a fabulous trip and Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So nice to hear that your Dad is doing well and that it made you happy! Have a wonderful holiday - can't wait to see where it takes you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!
    I cannot wait to hear about your adventures!!! I am so dang excited for you!!!!
    Wherever you go .... have one bad ass time......you sooooooo deserve it.
    I loved your story about you and your Dad doing crosswords .... that's so great!!! And very happy that you reconnected with your brother!
    Mwah Sis!!!! xoxoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so happy to hear that you had a good Christmas with your dad. It made me smile to hear about him doing the crossword puzzles :) And oh my gosh, your photos of Aruba are ahhhhmazing! I wish I were there right now haha. What a nice little getaway. I can't wait to hear where you're going for your bday surprise! So exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is a happy, happy post. And a surprise travel adventure....LOVE!! Florida, Aruba & ???

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope you're having a wonderful time.
    Wishing you a very Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isn't it a good feeling to know that you brought some good times to your dad? I love how you said he felt a sense of accomplishment and felt smart after working the puzzle. I know you're having a wonderful time, and I'm so happy for you! Paris as a surprise birthday gift/trip sounds pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your photos.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.