Saturday, July 6, 2013

Editing...

...marathon
7-6-13

Earlier, I was having a bit of a pity party.  Partly because I was running around town & not finding what I needed & partly because I'm leaving for Fla.(again) on Sunday. There's still much to do to get my parents affairs in order & quite frankly, this is our last ditch effort to get my mom stable & placed where she can be looked after. It's just easier to do it there. 
Anyhow, I made a cup of coffee and went to town cleaning out photo folders and editing pics to schedule blog posts while I'm away. 
It was like therapy.
Several weeks ago, we went to visit my sis-in-law for a little Austin graduation cookout.

 
This is my 6 year old niece. She plays the drums like nobodies business. I'm talking keeping time with the music, pedal to the base and playing the toms on top. I was completely blown away.

I was also blown away when Austin sat down & could play as well.
When did THAT happen?!

Austin would get together with a few of his buddies for jam sessions (before one left for the Army) Austin & and another friend on guitar, & one on the drums. 
Apparently, this is how Austin learned how to play.

I'm actually surprised I ended up editing when I was a in a mood. I tend to stay away from editing when I'm in a snit. But this time it brought me to a neutral place and I ended up with some really fun photos.
This made me curious. What do you do when you need to calm & soothe your inner spirit and bring yourself to a better place? I'd love it if you'd share with me.
Happy (rat-a-tat) snapping!
xo
Kelly

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sis .... fun photos!
    Good luck with your Florida trip ... I hope that everything works out so that you can get some peace of mind and soul going forward.
    What do I do to calm and soothe my inner spirit? Mostly, I listen to music. It can take me back or keep me in the present or move me forward. It calms me. It becomes me. So that's what I do. Mwah ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you found a good place, mentally, before you took off on your trip. Your photos ARE fun. I've always wanted to be a drummer and challenge my students to some desk-top drumming now and then. But, for real, I have no idea what I'm doing! Music must run in your family.

    Let's see... when I need some peace of mind I go outside and sit in a quiet place. Or call my sisters. Or dabble in art or something like that.

    Have a safe and productive trip! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No surprise I'm sure BUT...I take photos, I edit, I write. That winning trifecta has gotten me thru a plethora of angst the past few years "relatively" unscathed :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.