Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Do it...

...for the "girls"

*Do it for you
Do it for your husband
Do it for your kids
Do it for your pets
Do it for your friends
Do it for your women everywhere
But 
JUST DO IT
 I was really mad at myself several years back because I wanted to make a statement, a really BOLD statement about taking care of the girls. I mean, I have a camera, have a voice, had a public forum...but I was new to self portraits & sending out the message I envisioned was WAY outta my comfort zone! In the mean time, a year & 1/2  had passed, I had finished a 365 self portrait journey and felt I was ready. At the time, I chatted up my idea with Frankie, made him part of the process, and this is what I came up with. I was and still am very proud of this shot, (the technical issues aside!) But it's the message I want to get across LOUD & CLEAR!
As a matter of fact, I have a squishy date with my girls today~ 
Hence the post!
 SO stop being busy and just take care of them girlies! 
C'mon, 
you can go out for ice cream afterwards...
& be satisfied knowing you've done something good,
For 
    YOU...
THAT  matters

Happy (squishy) Snapping!
xo
Kelly

7 comments:

  1. Gotta make my appointment ... thanks for the reminder! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shot Kelly. I have my appointment reminder on my desk - I will make it!!! Thanks GF!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant photo, brilliant statement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do it every year without fail after having 2 scares. Bravo for your bravery and a wonderful reminder to take care of our girls.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your photo is gorgeous and what a meaningful purpose behind it. I've let check-ups go at times, but I'll make an appointment for sometime soon thanks to your post.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.