Sunday, February 15, 2015

Sunday...

...sundries

Barb over at keepingwiththetimes usually has a linky party today to chit chat about this & that-but I do believe it's her birthday weekend and family will be helping her celebrate-so there's not a link up...yet. For now though I wanted to pop in and say hi and give a run down on my week.



Hope you had a beautiful day of love. Frankie & I don't do anything for V-day. We believe in doing little things for each other everyday and we don't need a day "to make up" for missed opportunities to show how we care. It just works for us. The last time we actually went out to eat on Valentines Day-the service was horrible and the food was less than stellar. We were not impressed. Maybe it's the area we live in, but I'd much rather order a pizza, open a bottle of wine and watch Netflix.

My St. Baldricks fundraising kit came Friday. Frankie actually surprised me with a donation and said he couldn't wait to feel my bald head! That's saying a lot as the thought of shaving your head is not his thing-so his words speak volumes.
This is a shameless plug-but I am trying to raise $500 for pediatric cancer so if you are interested in donating here's the link to my participation page...
https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/754780/2015
I still have no quams about shaving my head...I just think the time was right.
Thank you in advance (insert happy face)

I'm fighting crud again. The kids at school are just so germy-it's no wonder once a week a feel yucky. So I took my Emergen-C suck on cold-eez and popped some Aleve, took a nap. We're off to see
50 Shades of Gray. I started the book, but it was during the time when my mom was sick and I just couldn't get into it-so I'm happy to just watch the movie. Have you read the book? Seen the movie? What did you think? I'd love to hear.
It's crazy to think we're in shorts and sandals here in CA and the East Coast is getting hammered with snow...again.
I've got a few caterpillars. One egg and a critter disappeared and I'm pretty sure something ate 'em. Not sure what...maybe a lizard. I'm keeping an eye on the 2 little ones that I know of. I'll be posting the progress of the critters growth on IG.

Ok my friends, we've got a 3 day weekend so I'll be around to visit your blogs tomorrow.
Oh how I love 3 day weekends.

Happy(I'm gonna be bald) Snapping!
xo
Kelly


4 comments:

  1. So excited about your St. Baldricks adventure...kudos to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so inspired by your braveness. You go Girl..

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excited about your St. Baldricks adventure!!! Sorry you have the crud again .... :-/ and YES, we are being hammered with that dang snow! Don't forget to tell us how you liked the movie......I did not read the book. Enjoy the 3 day weekend :-)
    **hugs**

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy (belated) Valentine's Day. Sounds like you are on the ball with your fundraiser and how wonderful to have the full support of your husband (awesome!). I have not read the book 50 Shades - understood by all accounts it was horribly written. Further I struggle with the concept of romanticising assaults against a young woman (whether by her choice or otherwise, especially when packaged as "you know you want it") - a hard message when raising a daughter (or son for that matter) -- so many mixed messages in today's culture. On the other hand, I am curious because the ads certainly do a good job making it more of a love story and the de-sadomasochism of the male character. I'm glad you had an enjoyable time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.