Mother's Day has come and gone.
It was the one day I'd been dreading since my Mother's passing-Oct. 29, 2013. First, the commercials started-torture to listen to. The ads for gifts and flowers weren't any better. The week prior, I was a mess. I really just wanted to quietly slip into bed & sleep the day away. Frankie had a much better idea. He hosted a family BBQ complete with Mimosa's & plenty of chocolate to eat. He worked so hard that I begged him to let me help clean up because I was starting to feel guilty...just like a mom huh?
I survived my 1st "Motherless Day".
I know personally since losing my mom, I have a sense of wanting to isolate myself more. I also have a sharp awareness of my own mortality. I'm sure this is all very normal & I fight back those feelings by living in the present as I learn to live comfortably without my mom.
A week later, the lanterns that adorned the ceiling are still up...
They make me happy.
He doesn't always show it, but Austin knows the affinity I have for butterflies and was so excited about the gift he found for me.
|Chinese proverb on the cup reads: "Ethereal butterflies thrive in a world that flourishes".|
He also picked out a delicious Acai blueberry white tea that's delicious iced.
Today seems only perfect that Stasha over at The Good Life
and her MONDAYS LISTICLES are
10 Things You Want To Say To Your Mom:
1. I'm sorry your last year of life was hell.
2. I'm sorry you felt you had to go through it all alone.
3. We are our mother's daughter, but sometimes that's not good enough & things should be done differently.
4. I know you loved us-
5. I'm slowly accepting the mom you were and not the mom I wished you were.
6. I miss our book club. I cherish the books we read together.
7. I found out how strong I am being in the presence of your death.
8. I was glad I was holding your hand.
9. I don't regret hearing your last breath.
10. I love and miss you every day.
Today my very talented friends,
Kathy over at You'll Shoot Your Eye Out
Roban over at Moments in Time
are continuing with the virtual blog tour. Please stop by and visit a new blog today!
You can read about me HERE
Happy (blog hopping) snapping