Monday, December 3, 2012

The empty...

...nester
Well, the last of my butterflies flew off in a flurry today. No long goodbyes or even a photo op...He'd been cooped up in a pop up butterfly tent because of rain-The skies cleared at noon, I raced home from work to set him loose & the minute he latched onto my fingers...poof...gone...
just like that
I brought the chrysalis inside about 10 days ago because it was just too cold out and rain was coming.

He is handsome though. I thought it was fitting to use Kim Klassen's Cherished Scripted texture. I did cherish my time with each of the critters & looked forward to setting each butterfly go. I don't think the adventure has ended though...not by a long shot!
Happy (butterfly dreaming) snapping!
xo
Kelly

4 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your dedication and devotion to these butterflies. Beautiful shot, even if the photo op was cut short by its speedy departure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome adventure! Thank you for letting us be a part of it! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really was a neat story to share with everyone, and the pictures are absolutely beautiful. It's amazing when we look at nature up close and see all the intricate details that make it up. Thanks so much for sharing AND for having a contest (which I won!!!).

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.