Friday, April 21, 2017

Friday's...

...Letters
4.21.17

Hello Friday, I've been waiting for you.


Dear Ripsime,
I knew it was going to be hard when you left the school...I just hadn't planned on it being this hard.  Fifteen years, 180 days a year is a long time to all of a sudden not hear your laughter, smell the burnt popcorn, see your smiling face greeting me as I sign in and spend 5 minutes enjoying your perfectly brewed coffee and a quick chat before class. You were the pulse of Castlebay my dear friend. Honestly, as hard as this is, I couldn't be happier and more proud of you moving up and on for yourself. You are such a selfless woman that you deserve this change more than anyone I know. I look forward to the girls nite out...Where ever we go-they're not gonna know what hit 'em! 
Till then my friend...

Dear Artful Blogging,
You are dream maker...Yes you are.


This was the longest 4 months waiting for the summer issue to arrive-but TOTALLY worth the wait!
I've already read it from cover to cover and to see my photos and my words gracing the pages still seems surreal. 


You see, I take full responsibility in my part for not buckling down in school and being an outstanding student. I chose a path that regrettably didn't include college but, and it's a BIG but, have learned so much as an instructional aide for the past 15+ years. I literally have learned basic writing skills that allowed me to compose my article with a certain confidence working side by side with the most creative and hardworking teachers I know. I couldn't be more proud to use what I've learned to accomplish something as big as this. Now my kids understand why I'm tough on them about creative writing. I wrote a note of gratitude to all the teachers yesterday. I thanked them for having their part in my drive to write the best story I could. I know I am not their intended audience, but I reminded them they never know who's listening and learning. 

I'm soaking in all the good fuzzy feelings this experience has brought me...
So thank you for helping a regular gal fulfill a dream. 

Dear Dad,
Remember when Mom was asked to do the advertising for a new banking concept and her photo was plastered in the local paper, on mailings and billboards, and strangers would stop her in random places that recognized her? Well, you told me that everyone in this life gets to enjoy 15 minutes of fame...
 ...I can stop waiting for mine!



Love,
Kelly

20 comments:

  1. That is so cool that you featured in the magazine. I have to get down to B&N to pick up my copy. Congratulations, my friend, you are so deserving of this recognition!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Deanna. The responses have been so beautifully supportive. I'm still walking on cloud 9. Xo

      Delete
  2. Look at you being featured!!! Way to go!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, many congratulations on being published! I cannot wait to get my copy ... I'm so excited to see you there! So very well-deserved my friend xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb. Your support means a lot to me.xo

      Delete
  4. Well deserved, and more to come I am sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a few ideas swirling around my head. Thank you

      Delete
  5. Such a darling and talented lady! You are bearing the fruits of your hard work and determination. My dear husband bought me a copy while we we're out shopping. Kudos to Ms. Kardos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for stopping by with such kind words Suzanne.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations! I am proud of you for taking the risk of putting yourself out there and hitting your goal of being published. You are an example to all of us. Now I have to go out and buy a copy. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Michelle!! Best thing ever putting myself out there!! Enjoy the issue! It's beautiful as always

      Delete
  7. All of this made my heart sing. Congratulations on reaching your goal. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Daenel. It feels good...real good! Xo

      Delete
  8. Congrats on being featured, Kelly, so happy for you !
    Thanks for your lovely comments ...
    the little plates in my Easter photos are from Cosy & Trendy an European brand,
    I don't have LR, I do my photo editing in Photoshop Camera Raw and have some of Kim's earlier ACR presets.
    Enjoy your weekend,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sylvia. I really enjoy your photo journey.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. J-bird!!!! I'm so excited that you're excited. Love you bunches! Xoxo

      Delete
  10. Very, very exciting! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.