Wednesday, June 11, 2014

App Happy...

...Wednesday

Oh My! 
This day got so busy and is quickly running away. I had the best intentions to be here early to play over at Barb's. 
The thing about summer vacation is that at first, I have to force myself to slow down and take things as they come and be totally ok with how my day goes. (that would be today!) I got it in my head last night that since Wednesday is app day I wanted to share 2 with you, one photo related and one not. 
So let's talk game apps!
 My husband and I LOVE to play Scrabble and  WORDS BY POST has an awesome, free, and easy game that we play sometimes sitting across from each other and other times we play when Frankie's away on trips. We always have a game going. Did I mention it's free? The ads are at the bottom and quite honestly, I never even notice them. 
Sometimes Frankie will play a word that I have NO idea what it is. See the word DOGE? Yeah, I had no idea what it was. You can click on a word, a ? will appear, click again and the word is defined for you. The game will not let you submit a word if it isn't recognized-not sure under who's authority tho! You can recall your tiles at any point within your turn.
BTW-doge is the chief magistrate in the republics of Venice and Genoa. 


You can swap tiles. (hmmmmm, like what was I going to do with 3 A's?)


Your points and your opponent's points appear where the word was placed.
 ( 22 points! I got lucky on this word.)
The banner up top lets you know whos turn it is.

You can chat too!


You can "Shuffle Tiles" while they're on your letter rack. This feature helps me "see" words! You can see I'm losing! (What's new!?) You can resign on your turn...but that would mean you're a sore loser!

(as in "BE NICE AND DON'T TAKE MY SPACE FOR THE AWESOME WORD I HAVE!)



It let's you know when your opponent has 3 tiles left!
 And if you've won or lost!

That's always fun! (I see this a lot!)
Right away one of us hits REMATCH. It's a great way to keep your brain synapsis firing. But really, it's just fun and even though it's another sign of the times and keeps us engaged in electronics, the key word is "engaged" and it's mutual and that's what is important.

Are you still with me?!




If you follow me on IG (@kellykardos) you'll know this was my #dailyclick. 
I used PicFrame. 
Five pages of different frames styles, use of an adjustment tool within your chosen frame, FX Effects, rotate/mirror, frame shape and frame pattern options. To add text, tap on the photo for TONS of font options. There's a rotate text option, and finally, save to camera roll or other apps, and/or share to IG, Flickr, Twitter, FB and Tumblr are other options. It's VERY intuitive, fun and easy to use.

Ok, I think I'm going to head over to Barb's now. Care to see what "app-ening" with me?

"appy" snapping!!
xo
Kelly

Keeping With The Times

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like so much fun! If you're playing scrabble with your hubby it doesn't matter if it's a board game or electronic - as you say - you are engaged and that's the main thing. I haven't been on IG too much yet today but am heading there after supper. Your "ransom" type on the #dailyclick fits perfectly with an Alzheimer's theme - it's so scary... Thanks so much for playing along today, Kelly! I so appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun you and Frankie have while he is away :) A great idea to keep the brain working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Scrabble - having it on my phone could be very dangerous. :)

    I have PicFrame but didn't realize all of its capabilities - thank you for sharing your knowledge about it. Now I will have to check it out a little further! Your image is beautiful, yet heartbreaking...Alzheimer's is a scary reality for so many people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Scrabble!
    This looks like lots of fun, Kelly, and how nice that you can play when he is away.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you keep busy with this fun game...And you know I so agree with your Alzheimer's quote. I just signed up to lead a team again for the Alzheimer's Walk in September.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to have to try the PicFrame app. Looks like there is a lot of creative options...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by my little corner of the blogging world. Your comments always put a smile on my face. Hope to see you again real soon.